Get excited: Homes and businesses in Balaklava can now switch to the nbn™ network
Residents and business owners in parts of Balaklava are set to enter a new era of fast broadband with the official switch on of the nbn™ network in the area.
More than 1,000 families and businesses are now able to connect to the nbn™ network and start enjoying all the benefits.
The nbn™ network is so much more than fast internet. A state of the art communications network opens up a world of possibilities across education, business and entertainment. It also gives Australians the opportunity to be more productive, more creative, more efficient and more connected for decades to come.
- Over 1.4 million households are already enjoying:
- A brighter future: With new opportunities to learn, both in and out of the classroom, the nbn™ network will help you and future generations flourish in a digital world.
- Entertainment without the wait: Enjoy quick access to the content you need, when you need it – whether you’re video streaming, online gaming or watching live news and sport.†
- Loved ones within reach: With great quality video calls (minus the constant dropouts), you’ll never feel too far away.†
- A plan and speed that suits: You can connect to the nbn™ network through a range of providers who offer a variety of plans and speed options to meet your needs. When selecting your plan, keep in mind that 25Mbps or above is considered a superfast broadband speed.^
Steps to connect
- Check your address: Find out if the nbn™ network is available at your address, visit nbn.com.au
- Register for updates: If the nbn™ network is not yet available, register for email updates.
- nbn will let you know: Once you’ve registered for updates with nbn, they’ll email you when your home or business is ready to connect. Once you have confirmation that you can switch to the nbn™ network, you will have 18 months to move your services to the nbn™ network before the existing network is switched off.
- Choose the right plan: You can connect to the nbn™ network through a range of providers offering a choice of nbn™ plans. When selecting your plan, keep in mind that 25Mbps or above is considered a superfast broadband speed^.
- Contact your service provider: Switching is not automatic, so contact a phone or internet service provider.
- Switch before disconnection: It’s a good idea to switch to the nbn™ network well before your disconnection date to allow time for your order to be processed, and for installation, if applicable. (Standard installation time is approximately 3.5 hours.)
For a detailed view on what's happening in Balaklava you can explore the network rollout map at http://www.nbnco.com.au/learn-about-the-nbn/rollout-map.html
^Superfast means wholesale download speed above 25 Mbps as defined by the ACCC.
Your experience, including the speeds actually achieved over the nbn™ network, depends on the technology over which services are delivered to your premises and some factors outside our control (like your equipment quality, software, broadband plans and how your service provider designs its network).