Aged Care Services
SA Country CarersSA Country Carers are very excited to let you know that Alzheimer’s SA Resource Library will be visiting the SA Country Carers offices of Balaklava and Clare on the first Friday of each month. Balaklava (26 George street Balaklava) from 10am till 11am and Clare (245b Carers Corner Main North Road Clare) from 1pm till 2pm. There will be a selection of books, information, activities and DVD’s etc. that will be available to borrow and use for the month before returning them on their next visit. Along with being able to borrow items there will also be items that will be able to be purchased and taken home. All Community are welcome to come along and see what the library has to offer, ask questions and learn new things. There will be a Carer Support Coordinator available to chat with if there are any further questions. If you would like to refer clients directly to SA Country Carers you can do this on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 1300 686 405.
COTACOTA Australia is a national organisation representing the rights, needs and interests of older Australians. COTA Australia focuses on policy issues from the perspective of older people as citizens and consumers. Visit COTA's website at www.cota.org.au/australia for more information.
Country Home ServicesHome Assist is a partnership between Local Government and other agencies to improve people's security and quality of life within their home. The program provides assistance to the frail elderly people, younger people with disabilities and their carers. Home Assist can help you with basic short-term assistance including:
- Minor Home Maintenance eg cleaning gutters, replacing light bulbs, tap washers, etc.
Information and advice regarding home security and your personal safety.
A range of home support services tailored to your needs eg home help, personal care.
Social support services.
Occasional respite to residents caring for a relative or friend.
Who Can Refer? Anyone! You, a relative, a friend, your doctor, a service provider.
Whom to Contact? Your local Country Home Services Office, where staff will provide further information.
How Much Will It Cost? Some services require a nominal client contribution and this will be negotiated with you. Services will not be refused because of your inability to pay.
Country Homes Services Staff will:
- provide a confidential service,
- meet with you and listen to your request,
- provide information about the program,
- negotiate with and ensure people who have the appropriate skills and/or qualifications are contracted to provide the agreed service,
- keep you informed,
- follow up with any of your concerns or complaints,
- with your permission, refer to an appropriate agency if your request can be better addressed.
Rights Services will be provided in a way that upholds your rights and acknowledges the rights of others associated with the Project.
For further information please visit the website www.countryhomeservices.org.au or contact:
- Country Home Services (Clare) 40 Blyth Road Clare, SA, 5453 Phone: 8565 8100 Fax:7170 5893
Country Home Services (Nuriootpa)
Level 1, Chateau Building
30-38 Barossa Valley Way
Nuriootpa, SA, 5355 Phone: 8565 8100 Fax:7170 5893
- Country Home Services (Kadina) 25 Taylor Street Kadina, SA, 5554 Phone: 8565 8100 Fax:7170 5893